Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Take-a-Look Tuesday

Burgaw, NC ain't good for much, but let me tell you it is an antique lovers paradise! My parents live there and whenever I go to visit them, my mom and I spend a lot of time looking around antique shops and flea markets. They even have an auction house there and you wouldn't believe the stuff they have available. Old, pretty stuff. *drool*

About a month ago, we were out having a look around a little antique mall and I found a Ball jar filled with old buttons that I just had to have. I didn't know what I was going to do with them...I just knew I NEEDED them in a bad way.

Then it hit me. Rings! The shanks are perfect for wire wrapping, and the result is a pretty little piece of vintage you can wear on your finger.

Here are some available in my shop, and there are lots more to come. (Ebay is awesome for finding huge lots of buttons, and I predict I will soon have a button storage problem that rivals my current paper storage problem).



If you purchase a ring from my shop, mention seeing my blog and I'll ship it to you for free! Just wait for a revised invoice, or I can refund your shipping.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I just came across your blog via One Pretty Thing (they linked to your wire wrapped ring Tute) and I love your rings! I need to take a further look around. These are beautiful.